Bank of Dwight

Located at 132 East Main Street, the Bank of Dwight was founded on April 10, 1855 next door to the David McWilliams Store.  The current building was built in 1910 and remains the same except for two canopies.  In 1974 the interior was expanded and remodeled into the adjoining building which was the site of the David McWiliams store, the first store built in Dwight in 1855.

The beautiful, original farm scene painted by Vienna-born artist Oskar Gross depicts a local farmer and his team of horses.

The bank remained in the McWilliams family until 1964 when it was sold to the Murphy family.  In 1997 it became an affiliate of Pontiac Bankcorp, Inc. In 2010 it became known as Dwight Bank, a branch of Bank of Pontiac.


Comments are closed